Daphne’s Dress 2 Party Campaign
What is the Daphne’s Dress 2 Party Campaign? It’s our chance to have some fun and enjoyment sharing our party outfits with each other and have the chance of a prize. A positive way to make a statement of our individuality, style with the choices we make. Perhaps helping ourselves and those of us who would like to be more expressive and courageous or who may not have enough appreciation. A safe place to be able to express with each other a love of fashion and dressing up.
After reviewing a recent article about party dressing for the up and coming festive season, I was dismayed at what I considered the lack of style and originality in the images accompanying the article. If you will give me permission to say; in my opinion it just didn’t show what I call dressing up for a party! Also the shops, stores, online catalogues and markets (including thrift and charity shops) are full of wonderful clothes and outfits but I don’t see enough of them being worn. I wonder where the beautiful clothes in the shops end up? I understand that many people experience a lack of confidence and want to ‘play safe’ and fit in in an unassuming way. Also lack of time can be an issue too. It seems a shame that choices are made from this stand point rather than out of pure joy, exuberance and to express our own uniqueness!
What can I do about it? Join the fun in my Daphne’s Dress 2 Party Campaign!
I thought we could have a bit of fun getting ready for events and sharing photos of our party outfits and encourage each other and our friends and families to dress up with pizzazz. The taking part is the most important thing but for those of you that love a bit of a competition I thought I’d give some prizes to the winners selected.
What are the rules for the Daphne’s Dress 2 Party Campaign?
It is very simple: Take a photograph of yourself in a party outfit that you are pleased with and represents a side of yourself that you are happy to portray at this moment. Use the hashtag #Daphnesdress2party and upload it to one of my social media channels Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, Tumblir & Google+. To enter the competition also add:-
- Why you chose the outfit
- How it makes you feel
That’s it! Do share and get your friends, family members and colleagues (think of all those up and coming work parties) to join in. There will be many sorts of events including Festive parties, Christmas Parties and New Year Eve Celebrations and many more – you can include a previous photo too. So no excuses now!
How long will the Daphne’s Dress 2 Party campaign run for? It will run for 6 weeks from 1st December until the 12th January 2018. Winners will be selected by me and announced on Monday 15th January 2018.
What are the prizes?
- 1st Prize: Vouchers for both the Daphne Selfe Confidence Course and the Daphne Selfe Academy. These are my online courses which will be next run in January 2018 for the Confidence Course to be more confident and feel more beautiful and March 2018 for the Academy my modelling school. Included in the Academy Voucher is the opportunity to meet with me and be part of my Model Family plus a signed copy of my memoir: The Way We Wore: A Life in Clothes.
- 2nd Prize: Voucher for the Daphne Selfe Academy (see details above)
- 3rd Prize: Voucher for the Daphne Selfe Confidence Course (see details above)
- Various runner up prizes to include a bottles of my perfume SELFE, signed copies of my memoir: The Way We Wore: A Life in Clothes and other prizes
Do take part, let’s make it fun and encourage each other to be our best and don’t forget the hashtag #daphnesdress2party so that I, along with help from The Model Minder, can find your entry #daphnesdress2party.
- Checklist: | Image in party outfit | Why you chose it | How it makes you feel | Hashtag #daphnesdress2party
- Post – choose one: FaceBook popup group | Instagram | Twitter | LinkedIn | Tumblir | Google+
- Share with your friends, family & colleagues | Regularly check in and enjoy all the entries, learn, build confidence and have fun